One of the most common questions that people have about wasps is, “How do I treat wasp stings?” Wasp stings can be painful and irritating, but they are typically not fatal. However, if you are allergic or if you are stung on the throat, mouth, or nose, it is best to seek medical attention.
Unlike bees, wasps can sting you multiple times. Wasp venom is also more potent than bee venom, so wasp stings can cause more irritation and swelling. Common side effects are a wasp sting, including redness, swelling, pain, and itching. Some people develop hives if they have an allergic reaction to the sting.
Wasp Sting Treatment
– First, you should flush the area with water for at least 30 seconds to remove any remaining venom.
-Next, apply a cold pack or cold compress, ten minutes on and ten minutes off. Keep this on during the first hour or two after being stung. This will help reduce pain and swelling!
-Take an anti-inflammatory medicine. Ibuprofen can help to reduce swelling and pain.
-Over counter antihistamines and creams can also help reduce swelling and irritation.
Wasp Removal Newcastle
Nobody wants to be stung by a wasp. If you have pest infestations around your home or business, it might be time to call the professionals. A wasp nest can be intimidating, but Newcastle Pest Exterminators uses safe and effective ways to rid your property of these pests without affecting you or your family. We provide professional pest control services that will get rid of any existing wasps and prevent them from returning.
Our exterminators use proven techniques to remove wasps, including removing the nest and treating entry points so they cannot return. Call us today for an estimate on how we can help with removing wasps from your home or business!