There are over 10,000 species of Waps in Australia.
Facts About Wasps that You Should Know
There are more than 30.000 different species of wasps. They can be a nuisance due to their sting. Wasp infestations often happen in environments with plenty of trees and flowers. Here are some wasp facts:
- The sting is painful but it doesn’t last long.
- Can be found everywhere, except in Antarctica
- Approximately, there are 30,000 identified species of wasps.
- Only female wasps have stingers – a modified egg-laying organ.
- They are natural pest controllers – They consume dead insects and flies.
- Most wasp species live in a huge colony, composed of fertile queens, males, and sterile workers.
- Generally, a wasp nest contains more than 800 wasps.
Generally, wasp stings are painful but only last for a few hours. Nonetheless, in rare cases; a wasp’s venom may stimulate serious allergic reactions if the person stung is allergic to its venom.
Wasp Control Solutions
If you happen to notice chewed wood, buzzing sounds or happen to be experiencing painful bites; then you should beware that there is most likely a presence of wasps near your home or business. Our professionals at Pest & Termite Exterminators are educated and well trained to effectively remove and control wasps.
Don’t Delay, Protect Your Home & Family
We use minimal doses of the best quality chemicals available on the market.
We use only the top of the line, environmentally friendly and the latest, most technologically advanced pesticides in carefully measured amounts to minimise risks to you, your family and your pets.